Friday, July 4, 2014

Kaleo Sermon Notes: John 17:24-26

[John 17:24-26 ESV] 24 Father, I desire that they also, whom you have given me, may be with me where I am, to see my glory that you have given me because you loved me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 26 I made known to them your name, and I will continue to make it known, that the love with which you have loved me may be in them, and I in them."

The Messiah has a desire for us that we see in His words here. His desire for His disciples is to be where He is. Where exactly is this? If we look closely, we see that where He is is in relation to the Father. He knows the Father in perfect union by faithfulness and dependency. The world does not know Him, but Christ Jesus does and wants us to be like Him in this respect. Do you know that God sent His Son to seek you out and save you with His incredible loving sacrifice? He has and will continue to make this fact known for the purpose of love and unity.

*Life Point* Father God wants unity with us in an intimate relationship. Let Him be your influence, guide, friend, and savior. Jesus loves you! Christ in you is the hope of glory (Colossians 1:27)!

No comments:

Post a Comment