Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Kaleo Sermon Notes: John 17:18-20

[John 17:18-20 ESV] 18 "As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, that they also may be sanctified in truth. 20 "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word,"

Yesterday we saw that it is the Word of God that sanctifies (sets apart) us in the truth of the fullness of God. Today we see that Jesus has "sent" His disciples, past, present, and future into the world with His good news. Jesus was consecrated (separated from profane things to be dedicated to God) for our sake that we may be able to... 1. be saved from the eternal punishment and wrath of God, and... 2. be sent out into the world with the gospel of His saving grace.

To be sent means that we have a sacred duty to impart truth and love to all those in which we come in contact through the course of our daily journey. Imagine if every Christian believer woke up every morning with the understanding that God was sending them into their day with a mission to further His Kingdom on this earth through their grace, mercy, love, self-control, gentleness, faithfulness, joy, and witness, etc. This is the heart of what Jesus speaks here. Because He has given up His life and set it apart for something extraordinary and special, we also have the privilege each day of laying down our lives at His feet and serving Him, wherever that may take us. We are "sent" at His direction and for His purposes.

*Life Point* Lord thank you for sending me into this world each day of my life with your awesome message of hope and deliverance. May I obey everything you send me to do for the sake of other people who need Your love and salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment